Philadelphia Sleep Medicine Differences
Why Choose the Center for Sleep Medicine Philadelphia
- We provide a comprehensive evaluation of your sleep problem and focus on every detail of your sleep at night and level of sleepiness during the day. Many sleep centers in Philadelphia focus only on snoring and breathing issues at night and we realize there is much more to sleep than sleep apnea and CPAP.
- We provide expertise in the treatment of insomnia. While we recognize that medication is a treatment option for some patients, it is not needed for many. We work closely with our patients to change sleep habits, sleep schedules, and other factors that interfere with a good night’s sleep. Dr. Cohen has experience with cognitive behavioral treatment of insomnia, an alternative approach.
- We individualize your treatment and help select the treatment that works best for you, while also providing you all of the latest treatment options
- Dr. Fry is a leader in Philadelphia Sleep Medicine and one of the most experienced sleep medicine physicians in the Philadelphia area. She served as President of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine in 1995-1996, the largest and most recognized academy for sleep physicians and sleep scientists.
- Dr. Cohen completed a specialized Fellowship in Sleep Medicine, and received extensive training in adult and child sleep disorders, a training that most physicians in the area do not have.
- All of our physicians are Board Certified in Sleep Medicine.
- We work closely with your primary care physician and keep them updated on your treatment
- We have both male and female physicians, so if a patient has a preference to see a physician of a certain gender, we can accommodate that.
- We accept all insurances, including Aetna, Medicare, Blue Ccross/Blue Shield, Keystone Health Plan East, Personal Choice, Keystone Mercy, Cigna, Health Partners, and United Health Care and others.
- We believe there is much more to sleep medicine than simply ordering a sleep test. We order sleep tests when needed, and not unnecessarily.